Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jet Lag(ging) behind

So I'm still not on schedule yet and neither are the kids. I woke up at NOON today...I don't think I've ever woken up that late before in my life! It sure felt strange to eat breakfast at noon! Lunch was at 3 pm and now we just finished dinner at 9 pm...so I sort of caught up but all the meals were squished together today! Well since it would be too late to tour anything today we opted to walk into the town centre again and look at some different shops. We went to two parks today, which the kids enjoyed exploring as the equipment is quite a bit different than typical American playgrounds. We stopped for a nice strong cup of European coffee--mmmmm! The family at the table next to us chatted us up for a while and let me know that they sell Chicago-style cheesecake somewhere nearby. Which isn't it "New York" cheesecake? She said there was a Chicago pizza place somewhere around here, too. Her kids (4 and maybe 2) took an interest in my kids, which is funny because they must sound strange to them...and I have to say I love hearing the little kids in their accents! Although I suppose we're the ones with the accents now... I still don't have the washer dryer figured out completely--it's taken all day to wash/dry this one load...hopefully soon I'll have it figured out!

No comments: